Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Michael Jackson: Is this it?



When I was a kid I loved MJ. My mom listened to the Jackson 5 and I collected all of MJ's CD's. WOW What an amazing talent. Do you remember the Thriller dance? The pictures of him together with Brooke Shields? Another of my all time favorites at the time was Tatum O'Neil. So preppy, together with MJ....





BUT THEN there were the allegations of child abuse. I was appalled. Granted, MJ was a little nutty but what great talent isn't. Look at Andy Warhol but child abuse.......I couldn't believe it but his weird behavior has always been well documented and although he was exonerated there was always that little part of me that wondered if it was true.

Still, the tour "This is It" could have been the most amazing comeback of this century and I would like to see the documentary of MJ's last days....maybe a glimpse into the life of Michael Jackson...the real Michael Jackson.

I realize there are a lot of people out there who are saying there are body doubles and he's not really singing but it is a movie after all and it is a tribute to his talent that AMG/Sony figured out a way to save their investment and bring the show to the world rather than 50 venues.

I never got to see Michael Jackson live but I have seen the tapes and that proves he had an amazing talent and for that, I will always listen...because it's human nature, right?

1 comment:

KAG said...

hey there! I have a tres fab Whitney English Giveaway going on at my blog! http://adventuresofkag.blogspot.com/2009/10/amazing-whitney-english-giveaway_27.html come check it out. xoxo KAG