Thursday, May 13, 2010

Shopping Addiction

Hi Ladies  :)

For those of you who are not aware
I have a little shopping problem
the hubs calls it an addiction
silly man

I'm not sure when it started but it peaked last June.
Yes, June at the Lilly Pulitzer warehouse sale ;)

Now, I am a Ross/TJ Maxx person and so when I see a deal I buy it.
Unfortunately there are times when things don't fit or look as cute with something as I thought. Also, I'm not very good at holding onto receipts to return things. (Thank god Target has the Credit Card system thing where they scan and poof there's your receipt)

Anyhow, when the guest bedroom closet got full of things that didn't "work", I opened a little Ebay store to move them off to a new home.

Then last year I went to my first LP Warehouse sale while the hubs sat home watching baseball. I got VERY caught up in the excitement of $39 flats So, essentially, I bought one of everything I loved
for myself, my sister (who I don't speak to) her kids, the hubs, my nephew in Oklahoma.

Oh yeah it was great!  Till I got home and had over $1000 of Lilly that didn't fit.
Cheeky

So when I got the email from Lilly anouncing the Warehouse Sale next month I immediately told the hubs I wasn't going. Who was I going to buy it for? I've gained a little weight and don't fit in the clothing
so escentially I'd be going for shoes and handbags and the handbags were gone by noon
on the first day last year.
So...what to do?
(ummm, handbags....)

Well then the hubs says, "Haven't you made a nice little profit from Ebay?
That extra money could pay for your trip and a few things for yourself."
This is why I married him.
Joy Joy Happy Happy

I still haven't decided if I'm going to the "PARTY"
but at least I have the green light

5 comments:

Megilon said...

He makes a good point. And you certainly could go to see what they have...you don't necessarily have to buy anything. ;-)

mFw said...

Your hubby is so sweet! Hopefully I will find a guy like that someday! You will have a blast if you do go to the Lilly sale!

What Kate Wore said...

Aw, what a great guy, he sounds so sweet.

Smiles at you Miss PiP!
tp

Gwen said...

That's what a supportive husband is like!!! Brian sometimes says stuff that make me stop in my tracks. Not normally though. LOL!!! Good thing for out balance that way I guess. :) XOXO

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Now that's a good man! A keeper for sure!