Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I just gotta say it.....



WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?
Ok, I shouldn't still be angry.
It's been almost 2 weeks but I can't stop thinking about him...



This is Trooper.
We met last week at the Tails & Tuxes Gala
for the Humane Society of Tampa Bay
I am totally in love!

:)

The hubs, not so much.
I want want want to adopt him
but the hubs is beyond allergic to practically everything
so I have been terminally SAD.

But this is not the sad story.
I met Trooper at the Benefit because he had been adopted
but his adoptive parents were not very attentive
and Trooper got hit by a car.

I'm not sure how he got back to the Humane Society
if he walked there all smooshed up
but somehow he got back.

The car crushed his front leg
The Humane Society had a super awsome vet
volunteer to take care of him (YEAH)
but he had to have his leg amputated
OMG

Just hearing the story made me want to hit someone
I DO NOT condone violence at all
but boy I was angry
and this was not the only rescue story that brought me to tears.

He was wearing a body cast
that the volunteers decorated to look like a tux
and he was hobbling around on three legs.
He was SO happy and excited to meet everyone and I was thinking
boy he is a star tonight
what a great personality
I'd love to have a dog like him.

Frankly, I'd love to have an attitude like that.
That is a great lesson.
Bad stuff happens and it can get worse
but don't let it get you down
cause I'm way better off than most peple and
I thank "god" everyday
for my amazing husband
and that I'm so lucky to stay home and take care of him.
So I will always think of Trooper when I'm down
and resolve to be a happy, good person
cause at least I have all my fingers and toes.

No comments: