Friday, August 14, 2009

My High Horse: Michael Vic playing for the Eagles


I can not believe the Philadelphia Eagles had the audacity to hire Michael Vic. Re-employed at over 1 million dollars next year it doesn't seem as though his time in prison changed his behavior or impeded the National Football Leagues morals. I guess it makes sense though look at how long Daryl Strawberry stayed employed after his drug use and wife beating activities. UGH!

Therefore, I will be boycotting all Eagles games and Eagles sponsors. I'm not a big football fan anyway but I can not condone the leagues actions in this case. Major corporate sponsors are MillerCoors, Verizon Wireless, PepsiCo (nyse: PEP), Chrysler, Sovereign Bank (nyse: SOV), Anheuser-Busch (nyse: BUD). Naming rights sponsor is Lincoln National (nyse: LNC). KFC, Comcast, Sprint, Aquafina, Mastercard, Lincoln Financial (owners of the Eagles Stadium). (eek, Dunkin Donuts! Good thing the doughnuts at Publix are good!)
I hope you'll join me with your voice or actions to protest this mistake.

Jumping off my horse now.......

No comments: