Thursday, August 12, 2010

What is a kiniption? Can I have one?

  I am planning a huge (for me) event to raise food for Casper's Closet
and I'm getting pretty anxious because my partners seem to be putting things off.

All except 1! Lisagh @ Grosgrain Garage, THANK YOU
Lisah designed the ad for my event and thank goodness cause it is amazing!
Photos of the super fab ad when it's approved by all the boards
coming soon.


This is Casper. He was found tied up in a couples back yard here in Tampa.
He was so emaciated they didn't think he would live.
BUT HE MADE IT! YEAH
In his honor the Humane Society of Tampa Bay
renamed their food bank
"Casper's Cupboard"
Unfortunately the food bank is empty most days
so together with the New Tampa Woman's Club and Texas Roadhouse
I'm managing a food drive.
Lord, what have I gotten myself into?
It started out really small just maybe collecting dog & cat food from
our members during the monthly meetings
to everyone wanting to participate and having a giant all day party.
Yowsers.
I'm so nervous and I really want this to go well.
I was at the Humane Society yesterday to get our plans on track
and the room where the food bank is was filled with people.
When I went into my meeting there were only about 10 bags of food
left but the room was still full.
I feel for them. I really do because no wants to let their pet go hungry.
So I'm going to try my best not to get frazzled and make this
the best food drive ever!

Your tips, suggestions, words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Laura B said...

What a wonderful thing you are doing! Best of luck with the planning!

Megilon said...

This is wonderful!!!

I'd suggest that you approach pet store and vets to see if they would donate.

Also you could approach grocery stores to see if you can hand out fliers and have a collection area so people could buy pet food while they are shopping.

You could even talk to local Curves fitness places they do drives for local charities all the time.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

What a fantastic cause! You are doing such a great thing! And I always say that there are doers and those who show up a min amount of time. In every group I have ever been a part of it is the same thing. But without people like you who "do" things would never get done in the world.

Karyn said...

Hi!
That's an amazing story.
I live in Tampa and am a HUGE dog lover. I'd love to help out.
I can donate some food or let me know else I could help!

~Karyn
(my email is in my profile page on my blog)