Friday, February 19, 2010

COACH Valentines tale


The hubs comes home from work and starts telling me about a convo he had with one of his coworkers
"What's up with girls and Valentines day. I mean what do they really want?"
some of the other fellows said flowers, candy jewelry and then one started telling a story.....

'My girlfriend and I have been together for 4 years and this year I wanted to get her something really special. Everytime we go to the mall she points out this purse that she likes. {It's a COACH handbag} So I went to the mall to get it for her and the sales lady says it's the perfect gift. I'm smiling and ask her how much it is. $300. WHAT $300 for a purse to carry her junk? uh, what do you have in the $100 range?'

Apparently several guys have walked up to listen at this point and one says, "Why don't you get it at the flea market. They look exactly the same."

The hubs starts laughing and says, "She'll know the difference."

The other guy is like "no, no she wont I've checked they look exactly the same."

The hubs says, "dude, I've been married 12 years, she'll know, trust me."

The other guy keeps arguing and the hubs walks away.

So he's telling me this story and I am laughing hysterically and the hubs says, "so?"

I calm down a little and said if he got me a fake handbag I would have to re-evaluate our relationship. hahaha
and yes you can tell the difference it smells like plastic!

It turns out the coworker bought his girlfriend a Coach coin purse to match the bag she may have one day and had a great Valentines day to boot.  I'm not sure about fake handbag guy...but I told the hubs I don't want him hanging around with guys like that! :)

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would totally love it if my hubby took the time to bring me a purse-even if it were a knock off...who cares if it's the real thing or not...at the end of the day does it really matter??? A purse is a purse and it's really the thought that counts!