Sunday, January 31, 2010

Embarrassing!



Friday night my husband’s company hosted a get together at the Lightning vs. Ducks hockey game. I was pretty excited because the team is so fun and we don't get together often. Anyhow...Scooby and I are walking for the team to raise money for the humane society and while the owners were greeting us the team leader mentioned the team had raised $6500. Oops. "I must really be slacking" I said and Mrs. Owner said she was requesting donations in lieu of gifts for her birthday. Yowzers.

My birthday is Tuesday and I haven't received any cards yet...maybe I should do that too I was thinking. So I averaged it out..there are 16 of us walking so that would mean that the average is $205 but I'm sure the Mrs. has more than that plus she gave me a $50 donation. Hum, so I'm not sure what I should do but I feel like the class dunce with my measly $150.

What do you think? Should I walk around the neighborhood with my little tin can like when I was a kid? Or call every friend in my address book begging for donations? :) hahaha

Have a great day!

{6500/2 cause the company matches the donations/16}

No comments: